Saturday, April 4, 2009

let the sailing begin





Today was the first day of yard sailing 2009. Sugar and I met up with Colleen and her husband, Gary--the only guy who could possibly be invited to yard sail with us because nothing we do surprises him. Too Much. We all love Gary and he thinks we are all adorable and delightful.

These are the things I will remember about this morning:

1. When Colleen and Gary drove up and parked next to my car. Mostly I will remember Colleen.
2. The hilarious joke that Colleen told us. I'm pretty much convinced she made it up all by herself.
3. The short and stout teapot I discovered, lovingly picked up, and paid for at the first and only yard sail we went to today because --hello--it was snowing!?! That sweet teapot will make a perfectly lovely addition to what has become my apparent collection of things with spouts.
4. The surprise, wonder, and awe I felt as we drove away from the yard sail when I found a handful of peanuts (still in their shells) inside of the teapot. You have simply got to love yard sails. (But you don't have to eat the surprises you find.)
5. The excited anticipation I am still feeling as I wait (patiently) for Gary to call to tell me he's made mango smoothies for all of us with the new blender (with the spout on the side and the plunger in the lid) he bought. (You may be wondering why I didn't buy the blender since it had a spout, but in case I've never disclosed this little detail about me, I love only nonelectric spouted items.)
6. The first time in the five or so years since I've known Sugar and Colleen (in the yard sailing way that I know them) that I've been the first one to buy something at a yard sail. Actually, Gary bought his blender first, but I gave him the dollar and then used another dollar to buy my teapot.


So there you go. A new yard sailing season has begun with great promise. And many laughs. And fast food with lots of diet coke. I love these people.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Cute teapot! I have quite a little collection of my own . . . and I am quite desolate when something breaks on one of them. Very sad.