Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i'm back

hey! i'm back!

yes, i know it's been a bit of a downer here lately. that's the circle of life. (please no singing disney songs on this blog.) let me just say that while none of the conflicts from my last post have changed really, my spirits have changed. and by spirits, i mean, my attitude, not my bottle of rum. because, i have no bottle of rum. yo ho!

we are now planning a wedding around here. and we are excited about it. and we will go ahead with our plans, because one 15-minute conversation cleared up a lot of things for me and i will not be worrying about anything more pressing than whether i want a floral print dress or a solid color dress. we are about to begin a new adventure.

and about stu--yes, he is on the list. but he is also working full time, buying a home, raising a child, expecting another child, playing d&d, learning to cook, planting a garden, repairing a fence, mowing his lawns, and building a deck. and when he is ready for a liver transplant, i will be there with him and shi and the girls, and jack and together we will all watch him pink up and plump up.

and about my work, my gilian-repair work with carolyn, so what else is new? who among us doesn't have some repair work to do? true, not everybody has a carolyn to keep reminding them of their work, but i do, and i'm so glad for that constant nudging, poking, and tapping i pay her to do to keep me growing.

No comments: