Tuesday, May 5, 2009

i'm probably back again

Yes, I know you're all wondering where I've been. Sorry if I've worried you. I don't know, maybe you should be worried though. Okay, maybe not.

It isn't like there's anything new going on here in the gardens. It's definitely May. One or two great weather days and then showers just before we hit 80.





Can't you just smell those lilacs? Well, maybe not, but someday, I'm going to invent a device that will allow people to smell scents over the phone or computer and everybody will want that device.

And there have been visits from the granddarlings--Audrey came over with her little sister, Penny, who is also JoJo's sister--



Audrey tried playing on the swings--all alone



and in the pool--unattended with no swimsuit



and with the other girls



and that's when her dad decided that the swings, pool, and wrestling dogs with teeth were not really safe for a two-year-old to play on, in, or with, so he started up one of the motorcycles and took her for a spin around the gardens--note: no helmets? Did I ever let him ride a bike without a helmet? (Yes, sorry, but those nerdy kids wearing helmets while they rode their bikes were mine. My really big-brained kids who are, to this day, smart, big-brained adults.)



You might notice a bunch of rafting stuff in the background of the last picture--if you know anybody who might be interested in white water rafting, we've got a raft and all of the necessary gear (including the groover, aka, portapotty) for sale for a very reasonable price.

I did notice one thing that has changed recently in the gardens. When I download pictures, there is a new computer on our garden network--because Jr's fiance, Brandie, is living in the upstairs guest room until they marry in October. Can I just say how great it is to have another girl in the house? Not just because she picks up after Jr (ahem, jr that has got to stop), but because she is a great girl. And Jr is much happier now that she is back in his life.



See what I mean?

So, that's about it here in the gardens. Stu is still waiting, which, at times, feels like a fine mesh veil that has settled over all activities around here, as though everything is a shade less intense. But I remind myself that we have a team. And he has a life. And a wife and daughter and another daughter on the way. And I have a daughter who has a great family and sons who have found the paths they want to follow. And except for the damn flu or whatever it is that I picked up that has caused my gut to spasm and my whole body to ache and my temperature to rise and fall--and my nose to appear pushed up and I'm growing the cutest curly little tail--except for that, things are about the same in the gardens. Well, except that I've felt so lousy that I haven't been able to summon the strength to talk on the phone to the girlies, or find the smarts to work through my usual bunch of word games on the merriam webster website--yes, except for that, things are about the same around here.

Because it is May. It is spring.



And young love is in the gardens.



1 comment:

Stu said...

I have no recollection of any motorcycle riding sans helmets... I don't know where you obtained those obviously forged images... but those certainly are not of me or my daughter.