Friday, May 29, 2009

shrubbery and other garden delights




You may not be aware of this amazing plant life we call SHHHHHRUBBERY



This is the first time the bridal wreath has blossomed in its shady spot under the plum tree



and even though Jr tried to eliminate this snowball by my bathroom window, it is coming back



I don't even remember what this shrubbery is called, but I don't remember thinking it would have these adorable pink flowers



This is one of many lilac varieties in the gardens. It had a half a dozen clusters of fragrant blooms this year like most of the others and it's the same size (note the six-foot block wall behind it) as all but one other lilac~~~



This is the one small lilac. It is covered with masses of heavenly scented blossoms. It reminds me of the the little train that could. (And yes, that is totally a dandilion in bloom.)



These are a clump of yellow lilies that are one of the few remaining plants from the previous owners. I don't think this picture does them justice.



Raise your hand if you don't love flax. I thought so.



This is our new tree--the Leyland Cyprus--it reminds me of a tree you'd find in a Dr Seuss book.



These wild geraniums are all part of the same plant. I like to think this plant is not afraid to be itself and show that it has more than one facet to its personality.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I love flax... especially now that I know its name. Also, love the pink flower shrub--how cute. I need someone to come install some drip around here before I kill all of my perennials. Could you just bring Jake down with you tomorrow?