Friday, May 29, 2009

posting flurry

I don't know what's gotten into me today, because this is my third post in the last couple of hours, but I thought of something else I needed to tell you kids. (Well, two something elses.) It could be that three hours of humanities homework I've got to finish before 11:59 tonight.

Anyway.

I'm waiting for my one of my favorite nonblog websites to load--- m-w.com . I go there to play some word games and to do the crossword puzzles, but I also like to see what the word of the day is (today's word--malinger: to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness [as to avoid duty or work]). Check it out, you might find something you'll enjoy spending 10-15 minutes with...

That was the first thing. This is the second thing.

Stu recently had his monthly blood tests to see where he is on the liver transplant list. Guess what? He is apparently doing better. In fact, his score is so much lower that he doesn't need another blood test for three months (unless he gets sicker) and if a liver became available that matched him, it would go to someone in a different state in our region who is sicker than him. Maybe this sounds weird, but I smile whenever I think of this.

No comments: