Wednesday, May 6, 2009

surprising, really

I'm still home. But I'm mending. Probably could have withstood the effort it would have taken to get to the office today, but why risk exposing my co-workers to whatever it is that has laid me so low? I mean, seriously, I like those people.

It's very quiet around here today. Even with the loudly playing music (apparently nobody sings in the shower anymore unless accompanied by a band on cd), and the comings and goings of various visitors (preparing to register the motorcycles because they 'wanna ride'), even with that noise, er, commotion, uh, liveliness, even with all of that, it's still kinda quiet around here.

JoJo isn't home today. She's off at the vet's office, having that procedure done that is performed on all animals whose owners love them enough to not allow them to reproduce. I sit on my sofa, amazed at how quickly I've become accustomed to the frantic, leaping, whinnying excitement that is JoJo. Nobody has licked my fingers or nipped at them today, and nobody has leapt onto my lap from ten feet away after rounding the corner running full speed ahead, and nobody has run figure eights through the entire length of the house for ten minutes, occasionally causing one of the cats to hiss or growl or snort.

Nobody has snuggled up next to me on the sofa either, or followed me through the house, or wagged her tail and gazed trustingly up at me either. I'm more than ready for her to get home soon.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Oh, no! What are you mending from?

I hope you get better soon.