Wednesday, July 14, 2010

more random than ever

Holy cow it's been busy around here.

We had our 4th of July family party blowout last Saturday, July 10th.

Lots of family, food, water balloons, fireworks--good times.

This is my brother and some of his family.
My favorite shot is the one in the middle that shows my firstborn niece, Emily, doing her very best to get sweet Cailin to smile.

There's also a clear shot of Cory on duty at the grill. So glad he likes to cook.



The kids had a great time.



Almost every time I looked out back, Audrey was running across the grass. Except when she was filling and throwing water balloons. And giggling.



Jr looks like he was having a sweet time.



I love the shot of Jack and his girl on the lower corner.
And if you look closely, you'll see a shot of Ellie trying to get her buddy, Hannah, to play a quick game of carrot bowling with her.


I have to credit Ellie's mom for a great job at picture-taking duties. Which may explain the many adorable shots of Ellie. Which is pretty much the only kind of shot anybody can get of Ellie. Adorable. And still hoping for some carrot bowling.

What? You've never bowled for carrots? I've found some pretty great crap at yard sails before, but the carrot bowling set I found last Saturday is definitely on the top ten list. With the mass quantity of genuine Mardi Gras beads I scored. No flashing required.



The drummer was back in town for a few days.
Those rabbit ears in the camo shirt? His buddy who's home from the war for a while. The drummer's buddies are like family, so they dropped in for the fun.

Check out the lower right corner. The drummer spends long hours outside everyday in the sun during the summer. Whitney doesn't.



Did I mention that when Gus came to live with us he had a bit of the kennel cough? So, of course, JoJo came down with the kennel cough on Sunday, requiring an overnight stay at the animal hospital.

She is now recovering. I can tell she's feeling better tonight because she just chewed the lid off of a diet coke bottle in nine seconds for the first time since she got sick.

Gus continues to amaze with his skills. Two days ago, he trotted into my room with a piece of taffy that was still wrapped in wax paper. I risked my fingers but got it away from him and threw it into the garbage. He immediately jumped off the bed and ran into the other room, returning with another piece of still-wrapped taffy. I tried to pull it out of his mouth, but he was having no part of that. He swallowed the whole piece of taffy, wax paper and all. Then he took off for the kitchen again. Suddenly it hit me. That rascal found the big bowl of taffy I bought for the family party that was still on the dining room table. I'm thinking we'll be back at the animal hospital in the next day or so.

And I'll be at the dentist soon because that thing I thought was a raspberry seed that appeared in the cinnamon taffy I chewed up this morning was actually a filling. Crown me, Dr. Lucas.

In case you need a dose of cute (since clearly all those pictures of the girlies might not have been enough sugar for you) here's a great shot of Gus and especially his corkscrew tail.

Check out my pedicure. Sometimes you just deserve to put up your feet. Right before you throw a party. For 50. With water balloons.


No comments: