Thursday, November 29, 2012

This guy.  He may bark at the sky.  He may hang off of Jo's neck when she tries to fetch a ball.  He may have all sorts of questionable behaviors.

I think he may have earned me another Christmas present from the neighbor, the neighbor who gave me dog training videos anonymously on my doorstep on Christmas morning a few years ago.

See, this guy goes after everything that moves.  Not so good when it's one of the cats, probably not so good when it's a rodent.  In the neighbor's back yard.  On the other side of the fence.

This guy, he's determined.  And unstoppable.  And a really good digger with an apparently good sense of smell.  I keep stacking more and more and bigger and bigger rocks against the fence but he keeps digging under them.  And with good reason.

A couple of weeks ago, Jr spotted a large rodent running along the top of the fence through the neighbor's grapevine.  Seriously?  Yep.  I figure that between the grapes for food and the woodpile for a home, the neighbor's backyard is a perfect home for rodents. 

I'm just waiting for him to show up on my doorstep to tell me it is unacceptable for GusGus to be digging into his backyard.  And then I'll mention that if he'd get rid of the rat, Gus would stay in his own yard. 

A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do.  And this guy?  He's gotta get that rodent.

It is totally creepin' me out.

No comments: