Wednesday, February 9, 2011

mark this day

Sometimes, change happens. Wait--always, change happens. Sometimes it's big change, sometimes it's little change, but constant is what change is.

Recently realized changes have left me feeling elated and sad. Can't really elaborate right now, but I did want to remember that today is the first time in a long time (ever?) that I was talking to my mom on the phone about recent changes and instead of telling me not to worry because I couldn't do anything about the changes or telling me how to handle all of the changes my mom listened to me and then said, "Are you sad?" And through my now-falling tears, I said, "Yes, yes, I'm sad."

She recognized my feelings and let me have them.

Sometimes, change happens.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I'm sorry you are sad. I'm glad that your mom could be there for you, really there for you.

I'm here if you need me.