Thursday, March 10, 2011

i should not be posting right now

I'm tired. I got about an hour of sleep last night. My job has required me to drive 45 minutes each way to and from work for the last three weeks. And I drive 45 minutes to and from school two days each week and 20 minutes one day each week. And the 45 minute drive is earrrrly in the morning. My dogs are driving me crazy. Gus has absolutely no ability to remember any of the two house rules for dogs: don't chew up stuff that isn't yours and only relieve yourself outside. How hard is that? No object permanence in his brain. And JoJo and Gus cannot stop with the wrestling and chewing on each other. Or the licking me. Or the laying all over me. And I have a killer painful zit on my upper lip that is hurting my lip and also hurts to look at. And Jessie is moving next week. And Breanne and Janey and Cailin are moving next week. And we are buying their house and remodeling it so we can rent it out. And I made this really comprehensive list of all of the things we thought we wanted to do so it would rent and I added a column for what I thought each of those things would cost and also included an item called "20% additional" because I always underestimate, and we are two weeks into the remodel and we haven't crossed off one of those things on the list but we have spent $500 at the Home Depot already. And Oscar won't quit sitting on the kitchen computer keyboard which causes it to make some oddball return key pressing sound. And I don't have any bread or milk or diet coke or chai tea in the house. Oh wait. Oscar moved off of the keyboard. But every time I tell Gus and Jo to stop being such dogs they look at me with that pathetic "why don't you love us" look and then I feel guilty for not just loving them for who they are which is obviously not dogs because they don't even remember the two dog house rules.

Okay. So I'm really tired. And I should not be posting right now.

Oscar is back on the keyboard.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

gaaaa.

I want you to go lie down right now. xo

Johanna said...

And you definitely shouldn't be driving until you do some catch up.

The emotions of the move would be enough to deal with.

Hang in there. It always gets better. Really.