Sunday, March 17, 2013

Maybe I just need a new hair conditioner.

It starts with the static electric fly-away hair.  We got up early yesterday intending to organize all of this:


This is all of the stuff we hauled up from the storage room.  We needed to find places for all of it in the garage.  And since we got up early, I dressed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and headed to the garage with Jack.

Where my hair started doing that fly-away thing it does on occasion.  My response to that physics event is to pull it all back into a ponytail.  Problem solved.  Back to the organizing.

Which we did, off and on, all day, interspersed with episodes of Breaking Bad from last season.  And then we decided to go eat at La Frontera.  Before we left, I, of course, used the bathroom, checked out myself in the mirror, and gasped at what I saw.

Who is that looking back at me?  How did I not notice all of that grey hair?  When did I start needing to wear makeup before going out in public?  Where did my eyebrows go?  My cheeks?  Whose neck is that under my chin?  And thank heavens I'm wearing long sleeves.  And a non-fitted shirt. 

Bam.  Pow.  I suck.  I'm old.  I'm fat.

Dinner was good.


Then this morning, we got up early again.  Headed back out to the garage. 

It was in that really bad messy stage, the total chaos just before it's all put together stage.

But now, after another hour or so, this:



And my car and Jack's truck are parked in their spots in the garage.

 

And maybe, just maybe, what I really need is to be a little kinder to myself, take care by choosing better food, remembering to spend a few minutes on the treadmill.

Maybe, just maybe what I need is a new hair conditioner.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Please be kind to yourself! It helps us all to be kind to eachother if we can be kind to ourselves.