Tuesday, March 12, 2013

some of this some of that

We've been watching a bunch of TV around here lately.  

 
Finally decided to watch Breaking Bad.  Totally cannot recommend it to most of my friends or kids or family, but it's very entertaining.  I will never be able to look in the same way at 50-year-old guys who suddenly decide to shave their heads and grow a goatee.

We've also been watching a bunch of DIY TV.  


Always lots of demolition on that channel.  So we decided to start a project.  We emptied out part of the basement storage room and then knocked out the shelving so we can knock out the wall, thereby enlarging Jack's shop space.

Check it out:

 before (after we cleaned out all of the stuff)

Yes, totally me in action (I only posted this one because somehow Jack got one that almost makes me look thin...
 Jack in action (that's a sledge hammer in his hands but he's too fast for the camera)
 
Pile o' shelves

and now we have open space

And remember these?

Now they look like this:


Slightly imperfect, but nearly flawless.
 
And see this? 
 This is spring nearly here.
Seeing them in the beds out front made my heart smile.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

My goodness! That's a lot of activity. I love those bowls--I love them. And the tulips? AWESOME.

Jessie said...

Love the bulbs, love the pots, and I'm not sure about knocking out storage space, but I'm pretty sure that will be awesome in the end too. :)