Monday, February 24, 2014

the list of things i don't like today plus details

1.  Mice, rats and other rodents that scurry about.

I haven't seen any such creatures in my yard or on my deck near the back door of late, and that is good, because even though there is a river just half a block away and even though my neighbor, the dog-training know-it-all has a huge woodpile by the side of his house that is a perfect rodent condo, those rodents should know that coming on my deck is going to end in them being tricked into going after the peanut butter on the trap, which will only lead to their quick death.  Sorry, but I just can't have scurriers on the deck so close to the door.  Scurriers are always at the top of the list of things I don't like.

2.  Seeing a black No. 3 car racing at Daytona when there is not a Dale Earnhardt Sr driving it.

Watching the start of yesterday's Daytona 500 was disconcerting to me.  I didn't know if I could listen to anymore blahblah from the announcers about the kid who is now driving a black number 3 car who has earned the right to do so.  WHATEVER.  Luckily, there was a nearly seven-hour rainstorm that not only washed the track clean and allowed Dale Jr to win the race, but that pause in the race gave me a few hours to get myself together so I could totally enjoy watching him win while ignoring the kid in the 3 car.

3.  Recognizing a pre-migraine aura late this afternoon.

Yes, pre-migraine aura I appreciate the warning signal you are.  The notice signalling that I need to get some advil stat, head to a darkened room, find a quiet spot.  But I'd like you waaay more if you were associated with unicorns or fairy dust or rainbows.  I mean, really, just say it--aura--doesn't that sound like a good, warm, fuzzy, desirable thing?  Yes, yes it does.  Except when you tack it onto pre-migraine.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

those are horrible things. there were a couple of years when the mice were a-boundin' in this house, and it was A-W-F-U-L. I kept hallucinating scurrying here, scurrying there, but I could never been QUITE SURE that it wasn't *actual* scurrying . HORRIBLE. I wish you no scurrying.

Jake Wilde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Wilde said...

I feel like unicorns should be required to come up to someone when they're about to have a migraine and let them know, and perhaps offer them a ride to make the whole thing just a little less crappy.