Tuesday, June 17, 2014

sunny rain

Today was another in a long line of dreary days at work, during which I seriously considered crawling under my desk to hide out for a while.

Today was also weight watchers meeting day, and when I left my house to go weigh in, it was cold and wet outside.  I was pretty sure I hadn't lost any weight and had likely gained.  But off I went.

I am so grateful for the people I see every Tuesday night.  It feels good to be supported by them and feels good to support them.  One of my co-losers was down six pounds this week.  Six pounds in one week.  I was so proud of her, but that is not how I lose weight.  I'm a pound-a-week girl.  And true to form, I was down another 1.2 pounds. And she was proud of me.  We talked and laughed and gave each other great ideas and lifted each other up and then went out to live another week.

Outside it was a downpour.  But the sun was shining.  It was so, so beautiful, and then I saw this (which was actually much more intense than my iPhone camera could capture):



The only way to describe how I felt is blessed.  The combination of friendship and support with those steady raindrops lit up by clear bright sunshine was simply a gift.

No comments: