Monday, February 25, 2008

kids--simple yet deep

I realized something yesterday.

I have these four amazing kids. They're all over 18, so most people don't see them as kids. Most people see them as bright, interesting, cute, nerdy, musical, capable, entertaining, happy, sensitive, kind and all-kinds-of-other-traits individuals. And while I see all of those things and more, and love all of those things and more, the feelings I have about these kids is much simpler, yet deeper, then that.

This is the thing I realized yesterday. The thing is, I love all of those things about these kids, but beyond all of that, I love them because they are. Not because of who they are, although I love who they are. Not for the things they do, although I do love all of the things they do. I've known them for longer than anybody else and I love them because they are of me. And simply because they are.

No comments: