Thursday, February 21, 2008

what a guy

Today Jack and I decided to skip lunch as we needed to leave at 1:30 for a trip to that maniac dermatologist we see every year for the Annual Removal of our Youthful Memories (aka freezing of all of those odd little spots that show up as we age that crazyman refers to as 'precancerous'). The maniac is not such a bad guy and we're getting used to the glint in his eye when he enters the examining room with his thermos of liquid nitrogen and extra long q-tips. I think today I seriously had way more spots burned/frozen than Jack. But he's had more in the past, so it's all good.

Anyway, I was busily working away (okay, not really, I was making invitations for an eat and talk deal with my friends from high school), so I'm at my computer when I hear the office door open and in walks Jack with two styrofoam boxes of food from the cafeteria. In the two boxes are sandwiches that he ordered, along with tots for him and a big pickle spear for me. And on my sandwich is roast beef, cucumbers, black olives, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo, just the way I like it.

I was so touched that not only did Jack realize we really couldn't wait from 7:00 am until 2:30 pm to eat, but he thoughtfully headed to the other side of the building to the cafeteria and ordered sandwiches with sides, and he remembered exactly what I like on my sandwich.

Gorsh I love that guy--definitely a keeper.

No comments: