Monday, June 30, 2008

lifts and separates

In my youth, I often heard that phrase, "lifts and separates," always related to Playtex bras, always assuming it referred to the way your lifted and separated parts would look with a sweater over them, because that's what always appeared in the commercials after the picture of the bra, lifting and separating.

But I never understood that concept in real life. Until recently. As in on our cruise a couple of months back when I thought it would be clever and a very smart idea to pick up some sports bras because they looked so comfortable and I totally love the look of a pair of boy shorts with a sports bra. And as described in a previous post, I was working on the perfect gramma body.

But, please, if you learn only one thing from reading this blog, let it be that you will never use the phrase, "lifts and separates" to describe the action of a sports bra. At least not the Champion ones I purchased. There is no lifting or separating going on with those bras. And while there is an element of visual effect with a sports bra that is different than a typical bra (I admit, I don't know what a typical bra really is), that whole lifts and separates thing is 90% about a completely separate issue that has nothing to do with appearance.

And if you know what I mean, then you know what I mean, and if you don't, well, sorry, but that's all I'm saying.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

http://tinyurl.com/57lj9l