Monday, June 9, 2008

your choice--last night's dream or where i got sunburned while cleaning up my flowerbeds

The first part of today's post is about my dream last night. The second part will be about the fun in the gardens this weekend and a mysterious bit of sunburn that appeared. You may choose whether to read part one, part two, both, or neither. Because this is America and you are free to choose.

About the dream. I dreamed that my gramma was still alive and living in the home she lived in for years and years, before she moved to Sandy, Mesquite, and to my house. She had only two couches in her livingroom, because all of her other stuff has been given to family members since her death. For some reason, she had cut her hair into a flat top type do, buzzed clean on the sides and back, and about an inch tall on top. But of course, it was very thin, and I couldn't help but think that I hoped it grew back quickly in case she died again because I didn't know what my mom might try to do with her head for her funeral. (Remember it was a dream.) Then, my cousins, Judy and Lee's boys, showed up and started demanding that I give them money--John wanted $2000 for braces on his teeth, and Tim wanted $10,000 because he insisted that gramma had promised him that. And Mike just wanted money to buy drugs. I told them all that the money had been distributed in accordance with her will and they should ask their mom and dad for their share of money--and then I remembered that their mom recently passed away, so I told them I was sorry for the loss of their mom, but I didn't have any money for them. And when I finally got away from them, I realized I was carrying 6" purple plastic coke bottles that contained my three grandbabies and my niece's grandbaby (the niece who doesn't have any children yet.) All of a sudden, out of nowhere, these creatures like something out of road warrior showed up and tried to take away my grandbabies in their coke bottles. And I fought off those bastards--used my kung fu kick and my kung fu grip. And my gramma fell off of her couch, worrying me that she had broken a hip or something, but she got up and told me to hurry along and come back again and soon.

My interpretation of that dream is that if gramma has an opinion, it is that she doesn't think I need to go to the memorial service.

Part 2. About the gardens and the sunburn. I spent a couple of days over the weekend pulling up all of the weeds I could find in the gardens in preparation for planting the perennials that jr and I bought a couple of weeks ago, as well as preparing to move and plant some of the already established, almost overtaking the gardens perennials, and the few perennials that have been planted in someplace other than their favorite spot in the gardens. All the time this weekend was spent on weeding. Perhaps I will go out right now and plant, transplant, separate, and enjoy the gardens. And somewhere during all of the weeding, I picked up some sun on my arms, my face, the tops of my feet, and a triangle across my lower back that goes from side to side, mostly straight across, and forms a triangle headed down my backside. I think the sun must have shined straight down inside my jeans somehow. Who knew that could happen?

It makes me wonder how I didn't end up with a sunburn on my right side from the top of my butt to the back side of my knee where my apparently worn out jeans finally gave it up, granting me both sun and a nice cooling breeze on the back of my right leg.

I love it out in the gardens. The surprises in the soil and the surprises on myself.

No comments: