Sunday, June 7, 2009

data you may need





I think you may need the following updates and bits of this and that. Or, at least, I'm going to share with you.

1. Hockey is in the final round of the playoffs--aka, The Stanley Cup. Detroit Red Wings (the team that beat Khabibulan's team) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins. Presently Detroit is leading the series 3-2, so Tuesday night's game could end it for this season. Which is why we all have to root for the Penguins--so we'll get more hockey. Right, eh?

2. Jr and Brandie have called off the wedding. Quite simply, they decided they are not a good couple but they are best friends, so if you have to choose one, the best friends option is good. But can I just say that I think they would have made adorable grandbabies?

3. JoJo has become addicted to playing fetch. Well, not really fetch. More like keep away. Only she doesn't like to be the keepee, she likes to be the keeper. Check out the intense focus. I think I snapped this photo just before she made the ball rise up to meet her open, drooling mouth.



Isn't she beautiful?



4. I have finished my Astronomy [read: PHYSICS] class. All but the last two tests and submitting my last eight assignments online. However, the school removed the class from the online classes site on the last official day of class, even though the professor gave us until Tuesday to submit work. His email to the class said he was on it. And you may all tell me good job for getting through the last three weeks of class and for the A I should receive. And by the way, it was really an interesting class. I learned a lot of stuff I didn't know before and I realized that I learn visually, which is a valuable thing to know, it appears. (get it? visually, it appears?) My professor was close to my age and wore all black and had dyed black hair and black fingernails and was a very good and entertaining teacher.

5. Last weekend, for the first time at this house, and for the first time in over ten years, I planted vegetables. Not a lot--three tomatoes, two squashes, and two pumpkins--and I don't know if they will get enough sunshine to actually produce any produce--what do you think?


2 comments:

Johanna said...

I did know that we live in the Milky Way Galaxy and, no, those are not my favorite candy bars. And I'm most surprised with that in all of your garden, you have not had veggies.

Congrats on the grade. We must meet so you can share your new-found knowledge.

Lisa B. said...

I am recalibrating all of my instruments, what with all this new data. Good luck with your vegetables. And the darling doggie--well, darling!