Tuesday, June 23, 2009

two, make that three bits of interest perhaps

Jack and I are in DC this week. Well, actually we're staying across the river from DC. But let me just say that the weather is lovely, the class I'm attending is informative and interesting (not lively, but hey, it's a contracts class), and Jack and I have had a delightful time together.

When I realized (on the way to the airport) that I'd left my makeup bag at home, I thought about telling Jack we needed to turn around and go get it, but instead told him I'd just buy new makeup when we got here. But then, after we got here, I decided that since I was never going to see my classmates again, I'd wear just the new hot coral shade of lipstick I purchased recently (and my clothes of course) and call it good. No one has looked terrified or concerned so far, and I think I like wearing grownup girl lipstick. Especially with my cool shades. I may try this at home.

Also, on the school front, I think I've figured out my humanities class journal assignments. So far, I've received scores of 15 out of 15, followed by 13.5, 12.5, and just today (prepare for fanfare) another 15! Probably doesn't sound all that tremendous to you dear readers, but believe me, I've been putting my whole self into these little bits of writing, and noticed a disconcerting trend by entry number three. So, I looked back on all of the comments from my teacher, both on my entries and in her emails to the whole online class, and apparently, I've got it? (That's it? She wants us to question everything? So I am? Are you? Can you? I love question marks?)

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Lipstick and shades--very movie star. Sharon Stone once said that's what she wore when things weren't necessarily looking good, otherwise--and it made her look like a movie star. Make that lipstick red and you are a French movie star.

Johanna said...

I really can't carry off coral lipstick. The best I can do is a pretty pink. I'm jealous. :)