Saturday, February 20, 2010

don't read this if you don't like it when i cry

My heart is breaking for my girl.

Baby Cailin is still about the same--needs a bit of oxygen, a bit of medication, a lot of suctioning of her nose. They--Jessie and Cailin--have been in the hospital for almost a week and while Jessie gets three square meals each day and sleeps on a fold-out chair bed and the baby is getting exactly the medical care she needs, it is just plain hard to have a sick baby who will likely remain in the hospital a few more days, two little girls who need their mommy, and the rest of a life that has come to a stop, appropriately, until the wee girl is breathing clearly again.

Jessie is so steady and tries so hard to do the best she can, but I can't help but think that she just wants to take her healthy baby home and hole up with her husband and kids. This is another one of those times when I wish I could remember where I left my magic wand.

2 comments:

Joey said...

Nothing can hurt like a mother heart. Remember the saying, "A mother is only as happy as her saddest child." Your poor little daughter has had a tough, tough week.

:( :( :( :(

Lisa B. said...

Very hard. I hope things are better in a few day. Poor mom, poor babe.