Wednesday, February 24, 2010

oh--i forgot a couple of things so read this after the next post.

1. About the Olympics. I can't help myself. Neither can Jack. We love curling. It is so Canadian. Eh. We absolutely did hear a former curler turned curling color commentator say, "Oh those dang Canadians." Hilarious. Yah shure. Doncha know. Eh. hehehe.

Jack watches curling and in usual Jack man-fashion, has figured out the rules but will say he still doesn't really understand all of the rules. I don't know anything about the rules. He patiently explains it to me time and again, but I'm not watching it to understand the rules.

I watch curling because I think it is so astoundingly great when the women curlers yell, using all of their stomach muscles, "HARDHARDHARDHARD" over and over with increasing intensity so their teammates will brush the ice harder causing the stone to move faster over the ice. (That ice brushing thing? Physics. I love it.)

The other thing that is a total hoot about curling is when the men are yelling for their teammates to brush the ice harder and it sounds like those Martian muppets that keep saying, "YIPYIPYIPYIP".

Be warned that if you watch curling, you might have sore belly muscles the next day from laughing.

2. REVELATION: if you suffer, and I do mean suffer, from depression, and you are taking your medication exactly as directed and you are still feeling sad inside, you may find happy by knowing that upping the dose a tiny bit can help with that sadness. Turns out deep inside sad really isn't my true state of mind. Just as I suspected. Not that tossing back extra pills will make you giddy when life is stinky. Oh no. And it won't send you to the moon if you're already feeling pleasant. But it may help you feel more like yourself. Especially if you're getting enough sleep.

Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments: