Tuesday, April 13, 2010

april snow

Okay, you probably already know that I think I'm a pretty good mom and a pretty great gramma. I will admit though that there was one thing I really did not like about motherhood.

Outdoor soccer.

Sign up in autumn to play in spring and autumn. Go watch the kids loving being outside. But the spring half of the season was spring in this pretty great mountain desert state. Which meant that out of what, ten spring games, eight were played in snow, rain, wind, or at least cold and cloudy. Outside. I really wanted to support the kids out there running their guts out, but honestly, I didn't really like sitting in my lawn chair with my much smaller butt freezing.

I'm so happy that JoJo prefers indoor soccer with her teammates, Oscar, Weezie, and Millie.

1 comment:

Joey said...

At least baseball, they cancel the games; except that breaks the kids hearts.

Spring...when you can stop wearing heavy coats. It's the best!