Friday, September 14, 2012

comparisons

Sometimes there are really sucky things going on.

But sometimes there are also pretty great things.

For example:

A pedicure that ended with smooth feet and a lovely fall-leaf bronzy-orange color on the toenails.

Jr got the lawn mower to start AND mowed the lawn.

The brown air in the local sky seems to have blown away a bit.

The crazy neighbor's sweet little green grapes are ripening like crazy on my side of the fence.

So there's all that.  And probably more if I keep looking up.

1 comment:

Joey said...

And sometimes that's just how we get through life.

You know, it's a cheesy song, but...the sun will come out tomorrow. I remember once being so down that I just couldn't face it and that song came on my children's radio station. I'm embarrassed to admit that I cried the whole way through.

But it really does come out...if not tomorrow, then the day after.