Friday, September 21, 2012

shopping for a boy

A couple of weeks ago, one of my nieces gave birth to a beautiful little baby girl. 

Obviously I needed to buy some cute little baby girl things for her and the closest children's clothing store I found was The Children's Store.

Where I purchased approximately $50 of little dresses with tights and little jeggins and t-shirts.

The clerk gave me my receipt with a coupon for $20 off of my next purchase of $40.

Whoa.  Not only do they have adorable clothes, but a sale with the promise of a future deal.

Awesome, right?

I have a new grandbaby boy due to arrive in five weeks so obviously I needed to go back to The Children's Store today to pick up a bunch of blue stuff.

Now remember, I've bought a lot of boy stuff in my life.  Three boys.  Only one girl.  Lots of blue stuff.  Lots of striped t-shirts and jeans and shorts.  I thought I was pretty good at picking out good boy stuff.

Today, I was baffled by the boys' section of the store.  I started to think I'd forgotten how to pick out good boy stuff. 

Everybody says it's hard to find good boy stuff.  It's true.  It was hard.  Boy stuff doesn't seem cute when you've been buying girl stuff for six years. 

When I got home and showed the stuff I bought to Jack, we agreed I'd bought good stuff and even cute stuff.  Cute boy stuff, but still, cute. 

Wee, baby boy cute.

She says she might have him in just a couple of weeks.  I can't hardly wait to start this new adventure.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm super excited to see it all. :) And getting anxious about this boy coming so soon... too much to get done still! And yet, even if it doesn't get done, I'm sure it'll all work out just fine. Just try not to judge me for the state of my floors when you get here. They are the bane of my existence.

And I'll try to keep him in for you, but I can't really make any promises... I figure he has about a pound and a half more to gain before he'll make his entrance. However long that takes.

Lisa B. said...

Wheeeeee! so exciting. Forget about the state of your floors, there's a baby a-comin'!

gilian said...

Wait, I just noticed on the bag, the store is The Children's Place, not the Children's Store. So now you can understand that they would have good stuff, right, because that's the name of a real place that you've been to...

Joey said...

Little boys have a charm all their own. So glad you get this adventure, as well as all those little girl cousins and sisters.