Tuesday, January 7, 2014

in case you haven't heard

Calvin Stuart Wilde arrived this afternoon at 3:50.  Instead of weighing in around six pounds like his two older sisters, he arrived weighing 8 lbs 5 oz. and is 20 inches long.  Oh, and he has a big head and broad shoulders.



I've never been in the delivery room for a vaginal delivery, but Shi and Stu invited me to be there.  I stood behind Stu up by Shi's shoulders.

It was the most amazing, intense, incredible experience I've ever had.  Shilo and all other women who deliver their babies like her are my heroes.  She worked so hard today.  Truly it was labor.

And even though he'll say Shi did all the work (and she kind of did), he was (it seemed to me) a great support to her when it came time to do the work.

And little Calvin--he's simply awesome.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

He is gorgeous and precious and excellent! Congratulations to all on such a wonderful, perfect baby.

Joey said...

Wonderful! Just wonderful! All the way around! Congrats!