Wednesday, January 1, 2014

random new year

I realized tonight after reading other blogs that it is the designated time of year for goal setting, resolution making.

But I've got nothing.  Not in a bad way.   I just haven't finished last year yet, I guess.  Or maybe that isn't it exactly either.  I'm just not ready to make any proclamations in writing.

Thoughts of late--on Monday we made it back from California in 12 hours, arrived around midnight. 

Still waiting for the new little boy to be born, who isn't really due until mid-January, but is putting his mom through it while taking his time getting here.  If that makes any sense.

While in California I captured a couple of videos of Leo.  Nothing special--unless you consider watching him sit in his seat at the table, eating bananas and crackers while talking and gesturing--special, and I do.  As soon as I figure out how to download videos from my iPhone to my computer I'll probably post them because every time I watch them, I smile.  Out loud.

Since we got home Jack has spent a bit of time learning to fly his new remote helicopter.  It sounds more like a flying buzzing bug to me than last year's model.  Gus is going crazy trying to catch up to it.  He either really loves or really hates bugs.

Jr and I spent time tonight just dancing with his friend, Erica.  He totally kicked our butts, but we still looked good and laughed heartily, especially when we hit our remotes into each other and stopped the game.  Love the just dance.

Back to the resolutions.  I've almost completed last year's goal of cleaning out all of the places.  The remaining spot is the linen closet in the hallway, which also includes a shelf or two of photographs that are so old that they were actually developed in a photo lab in a grocery store.  They haven't been put into albums yet but are instead stuffed in a copier paper box along with school photos and other bits of paraphernalia.  So there's still that project.

I have this idea floating around my mind that 2014 will be a year of change around here.  I'm not sure why or how, and really, it's likely that every year includes change, right?  Perhaps the hint of change in the air is only because we recently saw Saving Mr. Banks and I've got Mary Poppins on the brain.  But I'm feeling it, one way or another. 

I'm just going to watch for a while and soak it all in.

No comments: