Thursday, February 26, 2009

it's so hard being pretty

Did you know that the Guiness world record holder for the longest fingernails lives in Utah and she was in a car accident, not injured seriously, but broke off her approximately 36" long fingernails? Absolutely true. At least, I read it in a newspaper I got from my mom (after she finished reading it last week) that I was spreading out on the floor for JoJo. Could have happened at anytime in the last three years, but still. My dad is so pleased that mom has a reason to catch up on her newspaper reading now.

Got my eyebrows waxed for the first time last night. Wasn't that big of a deal, really. My mom's always said I'm a baby about pain (like the time in the delivery room when the doc started my c-section and my epidural wasn't positioned right and I told my mom, my support person, that I could feel them cutting and she said (and this is a direct quote, not something you easily forget), "She's kind of a baby about pain, but she says she can feel that." And the room got instantly quiet, the doctor quickly asked for something, which turned out to be a something that numbed my belly instantly, and then they continued with the delivery. So, there you go, I am so not a baby about pain. I didn't even flinch during the eyebrow waxing.

Houseplant Update:




3 comments:

Amelia said...

Not only is that true, it was reported on the national news here as the little "human interest" story. Yep, that's right. I come from UT, home to polygamists and crazy fingernail ladies.

Johanna said...

I'm not sure you can define your mom as a "support person."

I suggest that now that you've had the eyebrow waxing, you move on to the other side and have a facial. Mmmmmm.....talk about pampering.

Skybird said...

Try being a pretty guy! I don't know how I can keep carrying on the tradition. All me blokes are getting earings and eye shadow. All me younger blokes, anyway.

And tight pants... what's with that? And Tatoos!

I had my eyebrows trimmed and didn't even know it. A gal friend of mine saw them, or lack of them as the case may be.

I stick with my beard. Lots of gals don't like it, but mine do. That's pampering to me... no razors or sharp things around!