Friday, March 13, 2009

memo to garden staff

Some random thoughts from the gardens this past week--

I think I spent less than 12 hours at work this week. I think I spent the rest of the hours either in bed or on the sofa wishing I was in bed. But, I'm pretty sure I'm on the mend now.

The new masthead is notification from my silver maple that spring is on the way.

I love the blogging. I love putting my thoughts down on paper (or apparently on the internet for the world to read), but more than my blog, I love reading other blogs because of posts like this one. If it doesn't make you smile, you need to see my therapist. (She's very good, so just let me know and I'll hook you up. You're welcome. But I bet the post will make you laugh.)

I'm rethinking my 2009 resolution ('keep hope alive'). Seriously, did I write that? Okay, maybe it's a good thought. But a resolution it isn't. My new 2009 resolutions are to: drink more water, forgo the daily burgers/fries/egg mcmuffins, eat fruits and veggies every day, exercise at least 30 minutes each day, and lose 40 pounds. Oh yeh, and fix the economy and settle down the world so we have peace. Because I'm probably just as likely to lose 40 pounds in the next three quarters of 2009 as I am to fix the economy and create a peaceful world. But that's my resolution.

JoJo update: Still sweet. Still pooping. Still growing. Not chewing on me quite as much, but still very sharp teeth. As evidenced by these photos:







Yes, that is JoJo chewing up the livingroom rug. I let her run free in the house for about half an hour yesterday and I think that's when she was overcome by the urge to chew off the edging and the fringe. She looks so little and sweet, huh. Do not be fooled. She is not little.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Sorry you haven't been well...hope you are feeling better. I think I will live vicariously through you on the puppy thing.

Jessie said...

Ooh, bummer about the rug. Between that and the contacts/glass/seashells/sand fiasco at Stu's, you are convincing me more and more that I made the right choice in not picking up a pup just yet... but maybe someday.

Also, I am seeing green around my daisies... not so sure about the coneflowers, though. And two of my bushes, but not the other two... looks like some gardening will be occurring soon. And I am excited.

My word verification is ablers... take that how you will.

Lisa B. said...

Wow. Impressively thorough work by the doggie. Glad to know you're on the mend, and I love your header!

Joey said...

How about an ides of March resolution? Resolve to get better!

I heard chicken soup works, but I've never tried it.