Sunday, March 29, 2009

pamper me

This morning, before Jack made sausage and cheese omelets for breakfast for us, I spent some time out in the gardens in the gently falling snow, tidying up a bit, checking out the bulbs--some just breaking the surface of the soil, some full-leafed ready to send up blossom-topped stalks, some in full bloom bent under the weight of the end-of-March snow. After breakfast, shower, and washing of my newly-shorn hair, we watched racing, did a bit of laundry, enjoyed soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies, and played with the pup--wearer of the new polo shirt from Jr.





Next, Jr's girlfriend, Brandie, performed miracles on my feet in the form of a pedicure. Oh my. And now I have toenails the color of ripe bing cherries. Jr cooked a turkey breast with mashed potatoes and gravy and peas for dinner for us. With cheesecake from the factory for dessert, eaten while thoroughly enjoying a Heart concert on the high def channel on the high def tv. Those girls--Nancy and Ann--have still got something going on.

Even the migraine during (and for a couple of hours after) dinner that required a couple of hours in the dark cool place under my pillow, could not change my firm belief that today was the most pampered day I've ever lived.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I think that dog is part hunting dog--the straight-out tail gives her away. Also, I love the wide-open eyes of the picture third from the left, top row. Looks almost comical. So cute, that pup.

Lisa B. said...

that dog is stylin'.

Joey said...

You deserve some pampering! I'm glad you got it!

The Baker said...

you spell her name brandie not brandy

YASPOWER said...

Great blog with nice pictures.

For more info on soccer, pls visit http://www.aptconnections.blogspot.com/

For more links on technology, pls visit www.yasthirah.com

HAPPY BLOGGING!