Friday, September 11, 2009

correction

Two things--

Stu has a PICC--periforally inserted central catheter.

And I forgot that he still has a JP drain--Jackson-Pratt drain--which is still poking out of the side of him, draining excess fluids from his belly, but it is hidden under his gown and blankets, so I forgot it was there.


One other note: yesterday, his liver enzymes were up, which is likely an early indication of rejection so the docs upped his anti-rejection meds but the levels are still up this morning, so he'll be having a liver biopsy sometime today to check on the new guy and make sure his accommodations are acceptable. While the elevated enzymes have set off the really loud alarms in my mind, the surgeons assure us that some level of rejection is expected and they like it when the biggest issue is rejection because they know how to treat it with medication.

We (by we I mean I) just have to trust the team. Again. Still. Always.

No comments: