Tuesday, March 16, 2010

hello? am i still connected to the internet?

Something weird is going on here in Florida. It may have started before I got here...

I have been posting and posting. A blogging fool. And more than that, a commenting fool. I'm commenting here and there and on every blog I read. But I'm starting to think that my posts are not showing up on my own blog. Because I have zero comments. That's a math term for none. Nothing. I'm getting nothing. And yes, I'm in beautiful breezy Florida, but I'm here alone. ALONE. And I'm starting to think I'm talking to myself here. Online. hmmm.

Okay. Got that off my chest. Now to the latest facts/updates. Those Florida lizards do their own sort of hibernation. In the eaves and around air conditioning units and anyplace that is warmer. I think that might creep me out even more than when I see them sunning themselves.

Update two. There are two of those discount touristy stores between my hotel and my class. Who knew? I stopped at one on the way back from class today, thinking I'd find something warm like a hoodie with some green on it to wear tomorrow. You know, two birds, one stone, and all that. (that is really kind of sick, when you think about it.)

Anyway. The store didn't have very many hoodies and only one that had any green on it. There was a bit of green in the outline of the Tinkerbell that was flowing over the left shoulder, but it was a bit difficult to spot, what with the pink Minnie and red Mickey and yellow Goofy and all of the other large, broad brushed outlines. And it cost $25. Seriously. Like I'd pay that much in a discount touristy store. But I did find some adorable princess lunchboxes and notepads and pens and really cute stuffed animals for the girls. And it was all far less costly than at the Disney store in the airport.

Then, as I walked across the big fat highway between my class and my hotel, I spotted another touristy discount store. It was huge. And full of touristy cheap stuff. That is where I found a black hoodie with ORLANDO spelled out in pink block letters that are backed up by green block letters. Possibly not as exciting as the lime green hoodie with the same block letters in pink and black, but I just wasn't feeling quite ready to sport the lime green hoodie to class. Okay, not really. I loved the lime green hoodie, but they only had size S, which does not stand for supersize.

I'm feeling pretty good about getting out of the second store with just the hoodie and three minnie mouse headbands, complete with ears and pink bow. I mean, they had "Real Alligator Heads" and Disney bouncy balls. I almost bought two bouncy balls but then I remembered I'm flying home in a few days, and while I may have packed light, there really isn't room in my suitcase for two 10-inch bouncy balls.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I've been feeling neglected lately, too. Though not from you, you did comment on everything, which I very much enjoyed.

I'm sure the girls will love their new treasures, and I'm glad you found some green, I'd hate to hear about you getting pinched tomorrow (though if you were pinched enough, you might turn green with bruises... right?). And as for the lizards--I'd much rather they be outside sunning themselves than in my house trying to keep warm... no outside creatures in my house, please. Ew.

Amelia said...

Those bouncy balls sound awesome.

Sophia said...

I love all your comments! You are a first class commenter. I am jealous of all the treasures your granddaughters are getting, they will be on cloud nine.