Monday, March 29, 2010

it is spring

Tonight, I looked out the kitchen window and spotted five daffodils out back. Five bright yellow spots waving at me.

I thought that after dinner I'd get the camera and capture those little bits of spring sunshine for those of us who appreciate a change in season.

Before I made it outside with my camera, the wind picked up, the temperature dropped, and by now, it may be snowing.

If that isn't spring in this pretty great high mountain desert, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I'll have to post my daffodil pics on my blog so you can look at them. But that definitely screams spring to me. The day I took my pics in the morning, a few hours later it was snowing like crazy. For ten or so minutes, that is. It was sunny, rainy, and snowy that day. I love it, as long as we get a few warm days here and there. Pretty great state indeed.

Sophia said...

I love Spring here. It is so anticipated and in turn so loved. It is like a season you really have to be patient for and it is so worth it!

Joey said...

Isn't Spring one of the miracles of nature? Just when you think you can't stand the cold anymore, there are just enough snippets of future warmth to keep you going and give you hope. Life is like that.

To me the snippets are even more precious because they are fleeting. And the wanna-be winter storms are never quite as depressing because they won't stay. Snow that melts within hours doesn't pack the same punch.