Wednesday, March 31, 2010

two opposites

1. I don't remember a time in my life before now when I dreaded listening to the messages on the phone. Another call today from Citibank--this time for a Sears Mastercard that was used at K-mart. Over $2000 in charges. Seriously, who is this person? $2200 at K-mart?

2. Four years ago today, I became a gramma. Tonight we forgot our troubles and remembered ourselves and ate strawberry cake and realized that the nightmare flights through Orlando were all worth it when we heard our little redhead cherish her snow globe.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

She definitely loves that snowglobe, probably more than any other present. I'm so glad you came down tonight, it really was wonderful to celebrate with you. I just can't believe it's already been 4 years.

Word verification: huCAKEtr. Even the computer is thinking about the strawberry cake!

Lisa B. said...

Strawberry Cake! That would take one's mind off one's troubles.

By the way, I am very sorry for those troubles.

Joey said...

Life...what a mix! What can you do but maximize the energy given to the good and minimize the heart given to the bad.

I had a friend whose checks were stolen once out of her mailbox. It took a while and checks still kept getting cashed, but there was an end to it.

And if K-Mart would allow someone to charge up $2,000 without really good id, they deserve to get left holding the bag? Who shops at K-Mart anyway???? Oh, I know. ID Thieves.

I hope everything they bought lives up to the nickname of the store. Kame-Apart.