Wednesday, April 20, 2011

if money were no object

What would you do if you didn't have to earn money at a job? If you could do whatever you wanted to do with your days, what would it be?

Besides the obvious of spending time with family or eating or resting, what would you do?

Lately, for the past few years really, I've thought that if I didn't have to work and I had a pile of money available to me, I'd spend every bit of it to try to teach girls that their bodies belong to themselves, to help them understand that they can decide how and what to do to and with their own bodies.

I would teach girls and boys to respect themselves and to expect others to do the same.

I don't know how I'd accomplish this task. But I'd sure like to try.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Interesting. I've always thought that I would be a teacher. i would want to teach ideas that expand the mind and skills that will enhance relationships.