Tuesday, January 24, 2012

thoughts from the floor

Day two on the floor. Day four horizontal. My back can be such a pain in the back.

Clearly, I was abusing it. Saturday morning, pouring milk over my cereal, noticed a slight pain in the old familiar place, lower left hip. Ate my cereal, emptied and filled the dishwasher. Wiped off the counters. Hauled the laundry basket into the laundry room. Realized that sorting laundry should happen on the countertop, not on the floor. Started a load of colors. Cleaned out the catbox, collected the garbage from bathrooms, bedrooms, office. Moved the load of colors into the dryer, started the load of whites. Collapsed onto the bed. Could not turn over or get up. Really wished my right shoulder was completely healed because surely that would allow me to get up, right? Stayed in bed, until the stomach flu hit. Gaaa. really? Likely payback for harassing my mom for taking care of my 50-year-old brother when he got the flu last week instead of insisting he care for himself. So grateful for Jack bringing me Sprite and toast and for Jr checking in on me. Truly appreciated dinner from the drummer and his wife on Sunday. Moved to the floor early Monday morning, still there today. May be up and back alive by tomorrow. Fingers crossed, right?

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Prayers for your speedy recovery!

Joey said...

Oh, no!!!!!!

I lost count of how many whammys you suffered right there.

Get well soon!