Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Worse than shopping for bras???

Yes, I think that today in the gardens we shopped for something that was worse than shopping for bras, perhaps because it has never been an issue before, or perhaps because it is just another reminder of the passage of time and truth of the laws about gravity and weight or some other concept I don't understand because I'm the only one in my family who has never finished a college physics course--unless you count the babies. Which is another thing I adore about them, but that is a post for another day.

Today Jack and I went to buy boots for me. I spent enough at Kohl's on Christmas gifts that I earned $60 in Kohl's cash and figured boots would be on sale, so we set out to get three pairs of boots--one pair of black high heeled boots, one pair of brown ankle boots, and one pair of some kind of funky, furry, overstuffed-looking boots to wear with my new jeans (oh, man, yet another humiliating shopping experience. Not only big-girl bras now, but also big girl jeans...sheesh.)

We went into Kohl's and the first problem we encountered was that they either had size 6 or size 10 in the remaining boots on the shelf. I found a couple of cute pairs of boots in size 8 and sat down to try them on. I just want to know when did everybody who wears boots grow skinny little dowels for legs and when did my ankles and calves get so large that I couldn't pull on a boot or if I could pull it on, couldn't zip it up?

We eventually found a pair of brown suede boots that will look good with the jeans (which even though they are bigger, still look pretty dang nice) and as a consolation prize, Jack found a really soft fluffy white robe that ties around the waist--my favorite kind of robe, and best of all, it was regularly $50 but on sale for $10---Jackpot!!

Dear Jack, I fear it is definitely time to finally put up that full-length mirror that was buried under a pile of stuff in the bedroom so I can get a sense of exactly what physics and gravity are really about.... Or not.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hey now, I never even signed up for a physics course in college, let alone passed one. Sheesh. Unless you count USU 1300 (or something like that) which I think was supposed to be physics, but ended up combining with the "Intelligent Life in the Universe" course... which I don't. Pretty sure I learned absolutely nothing about physics there.

Or maybe that was supposed to be physical science. I can't even remember.