Friday, November 13, 2009

perhaps i do need a vacation...

This morning, while Jack and I were driving to work, I was checking my email on my crackberry, trying to get caught up before I dropped him off and then headed north to drop off some documents and pick up some documents and then scan the documents and do some other work and then return the documents to their owner and then drive back to pick up Jack.

So there were a lot of things swirling through my brain all at once. That's when Stu called to see if Audrey was coming for a visit tonight, at the same time that Jack noticed the durango in the lane next to us was for sale for $2,500, and since the drummer's explorer's transmission has stopped shifting and his engine temp light is indicating an overheating problem it looked like too good a deal to believe, but he couldn't read the phone number on the for sale sign, so I unlocked my door, hopped out while we waited at a long red light, noted the phone number, hopped back in the truck and continued the conversation with Stu.

But then I realized I had been checking my email on my phone before I got out to get the phone number and I couldn't find my phone. I started wondering if I'd dropped it when I got out to check the phone number on the durango and after a few seconds of searching frantically I started to talk to myself out loud, muttering about whether I'd dropped it or put it in my purse and that's when I said to Stu, "I can't find my phone, I'm think I may have dropped it when I got out of the truck back there."

And that's when Stu started laughing and said, "Uh, mom, you're looking for your phone while you're talking to me on your phone?"

And I said, "Hm, what have I done with my glasses--oh, here they are, on my face."

And Stu said, "Sorry mom. Much funnier that you're asking me where your phone is while you're talking to me on your phone than when you can't find your glasses because you're wearing them."

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow. Just... wow. Laughing like crazy over here.

Lisa B. said...

a . . . . ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's the best one ever. Multi-tasking is definitely overrated. Not that I am going to stop doing it.