Wednesday, November 4, 2009

weird dream time

I was late for class this morning. (Before I go any further, two completely random things. First, doesn't Derek Jeter seem like a pretty good, non-steroidal guy? Two, there has been no decrease, none at all, in the number of little lizards here in Florida and everybody but me seems to have no problem with them, in fact the constant response to my statement that there are a lot of little lizards out there is, "you must not be from Florida." Please, if you have a good response to that comment, give it to me. Thank you.)

So, I was late to class this morning because, well because I got a late start. Last night was way more than the usual number of hours long, or at least it seemed that way. I dreamed that the guy who was my boss several decades ago, Tosh, was going to be my boss again. (note: I hadn't seen him for decades, but last year when Jack was sick in the hospital, I thought I saw Tosh at the hospital. I wasn't sure, and really wasn't in any state to talk to anybody, so I didn't speak to him, but a few months later, my mom told me she'd read an obituary for Tosh's wife. I think it probably was him at the hospital with her.)

So back to the dream. Tosh was going to be my boss again. And the office was my old house. Sort of. And my friend at work, Eileen, was in the dream too. She called my phone for Tosh and he got on the phone and said it was time for me to get back to work and I needed to start getting there on time. I agreed that it had been long enough for me to be away from my job and said I'd get there on time.

Then I noticed that he'd moved his own bed (king-size with a white bedspread that was covered with yellow and white daisies) into Jack's and my bedroom at our old house.

And the alarm on my cell phone kept going off. And going off. And going off. I couldn't find it to shut it off. And when I did finally locate the phone, I couldn't get it to stop making that damn alarm sound. I even tried to get the drummer to take the phone apart to make it stop doing that alarm sound, and he ran it through the wringer on an old fashioned wash tub (because we must have had one at the office/house?) but even that wouldn't make it stop ringing.

That cell phone alarm ringer was really bugging me by then, enough that I wondered if I was stable enough to even go to work, but I did, and when I got there, Eileen said I needed to clean off my desk because it was a mess. And the phone alarm started to bug her too.

And, you've probably guessed by now that the alarm I was dreaming about was my cell phone alarm, trying its very best to wake me up this morning so I wouldn't be late to class.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

There are layers and layers to that dream. Are you wanting to go backward in life?