Friday, May 30, 2008

4 times cute

I know you've been holding your breath, waiting for the update to the story of the presentation and even more, the update on the seriously CUTE OUTFIT.

Here it is.

I went down to the lobby of the hotel in Eden Prairie to check out, wearing, of course, my new, super deal, CUTE OUTFIT, and who did I meet at the check out desk? The opwo of course. As I approached her, she turned around and said, "What a CUTE jacket"--I held my breath. Then she said, "And what CUTE earrings, both today and the CUTE ones you wore yesterday"--and I breathed in a shallow breath. Then she asked, "Where did you get that jacket?" I said, "I got it and the pants at Kohl's and if you can believe it, I paid less than $25 for the entire outfit because it was on sale, 80% off," and I KNEW I HAD HER THEN! She loves a bargain almost as much as I do.

And then it happened. She said, "THAT IS SUCH A CUTE OUTFIT."

Even if the presentation hadn't been the highlight of the conference (because it was mostly pictures and attorneys only love actual tv commercials more than pictures and because I pointed out that many of the screenshots of the Access database that I was describing showed the pink and purple decor that was chosen by an IT guy for an adult woman to use--although it looked to me like something that a 10-year-old girl would love--and one of the other attorneys said that the presentation matched my outfit and the computer screen gave me a soft, glowing look), anyway, even though the presentation was swell and warmly received and everybody wants one and the boss's boss loves me even more than ever and is delighted to see that I seem to be doing very well,--even without all of that, after I heard that it was a CUTE OUTFIT and it was a great deal, well, I was complete.

Today I put on a pair of jeans and a pink cami and pink fitted shirt with my favorite striped socks and black clogs and some pink, dangly earrings and do you know what? It didn't matter at all what the opwo said. Because, clearly, I know a cute outfit when I see it and I know a comfortable outfit when I feel it and, well, I'll be telling myself about how cute I look from now on.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds like a great realization, and presentation. Without any slime-ups... er... slip-ups.

Oh, and even though it doesn't matter, I did think you looked very cute tonight. I especially liked the dangly earrings. Thanks again for watching the girls on such short notice, and again, I really don't feel like you kicked us out. We just needed to go home. Long days. You know how they are.

Jessie said...

So for some strange reason that wouldn't post until this morning, but I really did write it last night. Sorry for the confusion.

Lisa B. said...

Oh the joy of a cute outfit. Clearly, you do know a cute outfit and you don't need opwo to certify. Which then just makes the compliment a compliment. Which is delightful on its own terms. Glad your presentation went so well, and hilarious about the pink/purple IT-designed template. Good thing it was flattering, apparently!

ABick said...

hi jill!!! :D
never underestimate the power of a cute outfit! that is one thing i learned from my sisters and mi madre! congrats on finding such a successful one!