Sunday, May 4, 2008

what a day or two

Last night, I went to bed exhausted. So exhausted that I couldn't even make myself put the clean sheets back on the bed and instead crawled under the covers without sheets. Please don't tell my mom about that. It was a whole day of goodness--time with Sugar, yardsailing, talking, enjoying; then hours with Audrey, outside cleaning up flowerbeds, gathering rocks and pine cones, shopping at Costco with Jr, snacking, playing in the bath with bubbles and foamy letters; racing that ended with that idiot, kyle busch slamming into Earnhardt when he was about to win his first race in two, count 'em, two years--okay that wasn't so much goodness. But the rest was exhausting in a truly superb way.

Today was another day of goodness. Morning with the girls and family for fresh fruit and muffins and juice before heading to church for Janey's blessing. Then Jack and I headed south to our new property and found the snow melted and the roads clear all the way to the top of our road and our view and our air. So so so glad we found that land.

We listened to the Jazz game on the way home from the property. All I can say about that game and this series is, well, to quote the firstborn, "I think the Jazz are playing Koby (sp?--who cares, really) exactly like they should. They should continue staying close to him, knowing they'll get the same number of fouls called for the team that he'll get called for himself, but perhaps they can desensitize the refs and tenderize Koby." Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Shrub (younger bush) had the inside line and everyone knows that he is not going to backoff an inch. I am sure he did not mean to wreck junior, only to rattle his cage. And like junior says, "If you want to give Kyle a talking to, you are going to have to get in line".

Jessie said...

I like your spelling of yardsale-ing. Yardsailing. Like you just drifted from yard to yard, how relaxing. I think you must still be in cruise mindset.

And I'm glad you were able to enjoy the weekend, despite the busy-ness of it all.