Wednesday, May 28, 2008

so this is how it went

Tomorrow is the big day. The wearing of the CUTE outfit. I'm seriously glad I have it because with my recent history of saying the wrong word (a perfectly acceptable word, just not the one I thought I was saying, i.e., cucumber for computer, sandwich for subject, etc. etc.--just keep on laughing, family) well, anyway, that word mix up thing could happen tomorrow during my presentation to the lawyers and paralegals and it seems that the only thing that could possibly save me at that moment is the CUTE suit--excuse me, CUTE OUTFIT-- I'll be wearing that will totally distract everyone in the room.

Except, today, while standing outside the offices here in Minnesota with the opwo, who was talking about how nice the temperature is (one of three yearly good weather days in Minnesota--aka, Home of those Pesky Timberwolves), the conversation turned to the temperature of the cabin of the plane she was on. She talked about how the captain of the plane must have been crazy or something because he insisted on having the heat turned all the way on and everybody was dying of the heat, including the guy near her who must have not checked the weather in Minneapolis, because, hello, why else would he have been wearing tweed?

Man, I can hardly wait for tomato afternoon when my presentation will be over.

No comments: