Wednesday, July 29, 2009

oh my

Jr and I got out the bicycles tonight and rode the long way around the block, which I realize doesn't sound like a long way at all, and probably isn't a very long way, unless you have only been on a bike the short way around the block once in the last 75 years since your pre-car-driving teens, which accurately describes me.

Because I have been studying my brains out these past few weeks, I will give you the answer to this question--How was the bike ride? It is e.

a. Lovely.
b. Just like I remember bike riding, at least in the wind blowing through my hair, feeling the sun on my skin way of remembering.
c. A bit scary when we went on the sidewalk and I had to duck under tree branches and swerve around electrical or cable or some other kinds of large green metal boxes.
d. Clearly a good form of exercise for my legs and my heart and my lungs and my mind.
e. All of the above and more.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Ms. Gilian, how is it so easy to forget about how a bike makes you feel--fast and free? but also a little nervous. For me the key is having the seat low enough that I can hop off without a big ordeal. Hop off, hop on. I have loved riding the bike up here in Idaho--adding a whole new dimension to it.