Monday, July 20, 2009

perhaps my biggest sailing score to date

On Saturday, Sugar and I headed out yard sailing. I must admit that if she had agreed to it, I would have simply headed to IHOP for breakfast, even though I'd already had my breakfast. I really just wanted to spend some time chatting.

But we saw a sign on her street, so we headed that way and there were several neighbors selling their crap. I don't think we bought much if anything. So we headed back towards the IHOP. I saw another sign just outside of our neighborhood, so we followed it to the house of a woman who used to work at Ann Taylor. Who grew out of her clothes. That were from Ann Taylor. That were gently used. From Ann Taylor.

Sugar bought most of the pants--for $1 a pair. That were from Ann Taylor where it isn't unusual for a pair of pants to be $124. Or at least $89.

And I found a suit for $5. A stylish jacket and slacks in a lovely summer weight fabric. $5.

Even the much overused AWESOME!! DUDE! does not adequately describe the feeling I have inside of me.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Was that the suit you were wearing today? If so, I definitely liked it--it looked great on you! Sweet score!

Lisa B. said...

Listen, you deserve, like, the Academy Award for Yard Sales, missie. I salute you.