Wednesday, June 23, 2010

1090

That is the math class I'm taking this summer. Took my first test tonight. How bad could it be really. Only ten questions. I wasn't the last one finished. Would have been better if I'd worked through all 150 homework problems instead of only 126. But now Section 1 is done. My teacher reminds me of my gramma. Not her age or appearance, it's her gestures and phrases. Like when she says things like, "It's the same banana." Or, "Oh, dear, I just ran a red light." And she isn't talking about fruit or driving, but she uses these endearing phrases and she lets out these adorable little giggles. So like visiting with my gramma or playing blackjack with her.

Since I have so much homework, I haven't completed my list of household tasks for several weeks. There has been no dusting, no wiping off of the fingerprints, and no finishing of the laundry. Okay it may have been more than a few weeks since any dusting or wiping off has been completed, but I did buy Jack a big passel of new socks for his birthday so at least he has clean socks.

And then there's all the adjustment time at work. New boss, new assignments, plenty of existing assignments and seriously no time to work on my homework at the office. Attended two meetings today and came away with three pages of new tasks. So obviously I had to go back to my desk and my computer and my shopping bag at kohls.com and place an order. I'd been spending a bit of time the past few days clicking around kohls' website and not so amazingly found dresses and tops and intimates and jackets and sweaters and a pair of capri pants or as my mom would say, peddle pushers. (which reminds me that it's way past time to begin riding my bike this summer.) And not only did I use my 15% off of everything coupon, but also my no shipping charges coupon and now have $50 in kohl's cash that I get to use between July 1-13.

I am always pleased to rediscover how very calming a lovely yellow cardigan feels before I've even put a hand in its sleeve and how exciting a bright blue ruffly vera wang dress can be and how much more I'm looking forward to getting dressed each day.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

the score of a good vera wang dress always brightens my day. and I suppose you may know how I feel about a yellow cardigan. I, too, have been known to repond to a stressed out work day by placing an online shopping order. Sounds like yours was extra productive (your shopping, I mean.).