Saturday, June 5, 2010

i might just swear

Yesterday and today have been so--so--amazing? fulfilling? restful? healing? Normal? Some other words I can't remember? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yessss to all.

I've tidied, and shopped a bit, and sailed with Sugar, and planted and watered, and played with JoJo, and spray painted the bistro table and chairs out back, and pretty much thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Then. Tonight, a perfectly lovely evening. While watering the potted flowers on the deck, I hear a ginormous crashing sound and something approaching stifled giggles from Jack and Jr. And Jo is under the deck. And Jr, who can't keep a secret for ten seconds, busts out with the news--Jo is chasing a mouse. Under the deck. Which explains her nonstop sniffing about the deck for the past three weeks or so.

Dammit to hell mouse. Who is going to water my potted flowers now that you're living under the deck? Who will weed my gardens? Who will adore my plants? Lousy mouse. Move yourself and your family soon. Tonight. or sooner.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Mouse under the deck = uncool. That mouse needs to go back to its own house.