Sunday, August 8, 2010

feeling good

these activities produce a sense of good feelings in me:

A simple meal

a pleasant conversation with the next older generation.

massive amounts of huggings and kisses and i wub yous.

slightly ignoring the assigned item for the reunion feast, replacing it with water balloons because if you have to choose between carrots and celery sticks, who does not go with water balloons.

freshly mowed lawns, with freshly mowed weeds, but lawns too.

freshly weeded and pruned flower beds full of gloriously producing perennials. a poppy here, a gladiola there, grasses and flox and flax and carnations and daisies and cone flowers and black-eyed susans that are tall tall gloriously tall. and the cosmos will bloom their delightfully simple addition very soon.

bathing the two dogs. JoJo who loves the water. Gus who fears nearly everything. But especially water. And dog shampoo. But he was brave. Ultimately brave and patient. And much cleaner.

finding the three cats in the basement, encouraging them each to come out to visit, with much stroking and calming, and chatting.

Seeing those chubby cheeks, chubby thighs, dimples, chin dimples, sparkly eyes, tiny little teeth, and the hair, oh the hair--blondest blonds one curly, one straight, the redheads, one long, curly, auburn, and the other, finer, a bit lighter, but still on the curly side. And then the brunette, the curlycues framing her face her ever adorable face.

putting together clothing that feels good and looks good and also reminding myself how much fun it is to create a style, a statement of my style that includes jewelry, made by me for me because i dared to and i like the finished product and really, who should decide how I will dress any better than I can?

bringing up some of the exercise paraphanelia so i can exercise while watching mad men. I may be headed back to a more fit state of mind and body. Or I may just cuss everytime i stub my toe on one of the weights.

These are all things that I feel good about while doing them.

What about you? What are five things or ten or more that leave you feeling good.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Doing my hair.
Watching my kids learn to dance, or swim, or whatever they're learning, and loving.
Eating fresh fruits and veggies.
Eating yummy desserts.
Sewing.
Finishing a sewing project with a desirable result.
Winning in a sudoku race.
Good, easy conversation with my Cory.