Wednesday, August 11, 2010

plans change, okay?

I planned to blog about a completely different topic today, but well, Gus stole the show when he ran into my room, dropped something on the floor in front of my dresser, and hopped up onto the arm of my chair next to me.

As usual, I couldn't tell exactly what it was that he'd dropped on the floor because I wasn't wearing my glasses, but it looked creepily like a dead mouse.

Which was enough to cause me to curl up into a tight little ball in my chair, while asking Jack, well maybe it was more of a demand, that Jack investigate, immediately, in case I was wrong and it was really a live mouse.

As usual, when you think you see a mouse, you've seen a mouse.

Jack disposed of it--dead mouse flushing--and I spent the next few minutes composing myself, trying to figure out where Gus found it, whether he killed it or simply found it after its run in with a cat downstairs, and of course, wondering how many more of its family are in the neighborhood or the basement or under the deck.

I will get out of my chair eventually. Probably.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Ew ew ew ew.

Ew ew.

Stu said...

Wait, you flushed it down the toilet? What if it wasn't actually dead, and you now have a real-life, living, drowned dead-rat living in your toilet?