Tuesday, August 17, 2010

what is more delightful

Rising at 5:17 after falling asleep at 4:45 because you forgot to pick up your prescription of Ambien the night before your kid was to undergo yet another procedure, which you were trying so hard to not stress over (anxiety control 'r us or in this case, me), and then after successfully arriving at the hospital at 6:00 am, waiting for three hours, getting the astoundingly good news that the procedure was exactly the right procedure, exactly what he needed, recovery should be quick and will quite likely eliminate the need for the bigger, not really all that desirable surgery.

OR

Picking up your Ambien prescription, a garlic herb roasted chicken, salad fixins' and four chocolate chocolate donuts, from your local grocery store and hearing the pharmacist nearly squeal like a girl as he described how much he enjoys cooking and eating brown rice with frozen veggies cooked in his rice cooker, mixed with a deboned roasted chicken and a dash of hot sauce.

There is no contest. They are both great. Yes, I win for using eliminate in a sentence (I'm so funny!) and there is Ambien and chocolate chocolate donuts at my house. Winner winner. Oh! Chicken dinner!!! (So funny again!)

2 comments:

Joey said...

I vote for the procedure going well. :) I'm so glad for all.

Stu said...

I'm thinking you need more sleep :)