Wednesday, October 27, 2010

because we all love to talk about calculus

I was going to post about how my left wrist has been killing me lately and I think it's something to do with calculus.

But then I remembered that today marks 33 years since Jack and I made it official. I was five. He was older. or maybe we were both older. I can't remember, it's been 33 years.

Right now though, we are officially on vacation. In a complete switch of roles, we are staying in a hotel and Jack will be attending a class for a couple of days while I wander around town and see the sights. True, I usually attend classes in places like Orlando or San Diego or D.C. or New York and Jack has an unlimited number of sights to see. But the class Jack enrolled in is located in a bit less 'bigtownish' place. It's a timberframe construction class and in theory, after he finishes the class, we should be able to raise a barn or a cabin on our property. Well, as soon as we have the money scraped together and a building permit and all of that. The class is at Snow College. And I have the option of seeing the sights of Ephraim and Manti or just kicking back at the hotel. I brought some stuff to occupy my time but when we stopped in Nephi for gas, we picked up a copy of the local mug shot magazine--seriously, all of the mug shots for the five or six nearby counties for the past week--who can think about calculus when you have pages and pages of pictures of people who've just been arrested to gawk at? If that isn't small town, I don't know what is.

3 comments:

Shi said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I didn't say anything last night. I hope your vacation is wonderfully relaxing.

Lisa B. said...

Oh my hell, that is awesome, a mug shot magazine. I hope you brought a pile of trashy magazines and excellent trash (trash theme alert) to read. And that there are snacks galore and good soda pop. And lots of cable tv. I admire the "hole up in your motel" kind of vacation. Have a great time.

And happy anniversary! Congratulations!

Joey said...

33 years! No small accomplishment! Happy, Happy Anniversary.

And, yeah. The trash magazine, mug shot thing, crumbled cookies on a hotel bed. I can get into that kind of break.

And no calculus! Can't wait to see the barn!